“A large social-media presence is important because it’s one of the last ways to conduct cost-effective marketing. Everything else involves buying eyeballs and ears. Social media enables a small business to earn eyeballs and ears.”– Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist, Canva
Social media has evolved a lot in the past decade. What was used as a tool for chatting and showcasing your lifestyle, gradually became a solid marketing weapon.
From brands to small businesses, everyone is using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Quora, etc. to reach out to their target audience. However, not everyone gets the desired reach and visibility.
So, the question is:
How to market your brand on social media the right way to get best results?
Simple, read this blog, and follow the steps mentioned. But before that, let’s understand…
Why Social Media is Important for Brand Marketing?
These days, every company mentions their social media handles everywhere. Be it YouTube description, business cards, email signatures, or billboards.
The very reason for doing so is simple:
‘Get as many followers on social media platforms and connect with them to promote products.’
If you take a closer look, it’s a pattern here. The users would:
- View a video on YouTube or read about them in micro-blogs;
- Check and follow the brand on social media;
- Engage with the published content;
- Get influenced and make purchase;
- Share it with their friends;
- The process repeats.
See, even Darth Vader knows about it. If you still think that we are exaggerating, here are some statistics to prove our point:
- 90% of Instagram users follow small to large businesses. Of these, 62.3% said they use social media just to research and follow brands.
- 60% of users said that they visit the brands’ websites after seeing their stories or posts.
- Females between the age range of 25-34 comprises one-third of the target audience for ads on Pinterest.
- Twitter ads can reach more than 500 million users.
After looking at these statistics, it can be said that every social media platform is important. So, let’s take a look at how to make the best use of them for your brand.
How to Market Your Brand on Social Media Like a Pro?
Before you start with marketing, ensure that you’ve created your business page/accounts on:
- Facebook messenger
If yes, let’s begin with our first strategy.
1. Have diversification
Marketing is all about trial and error. It’s not necessary that every campaign that you run will be successful. And there are various factors to it such as poor content quality, wrong target audience, improper research, etc.
That’s why it’s better that you must have a diversified content. Try to target various angles which can bring out the essence of your brand.
However, ensure that content focuses on one point at a time. If you try to highlight all the aspects of your brand at once, it’ll do no good.
Instead, create three to four content samples for each category. Thus you have an abundance of content to push for social media marketing.
2. Understand your target audience
Once you’ve your content ready, it’s time to determine your target audience. If you reach the wrong audience, no matter how good your content is, it would be ineffective. Hence, do not goof up at this stage.
Here are some points you should research about:
- Geographical location: Which region has a maximum demand for your products/services
- Age: Which age group of people can try your products/services.
- Occupation/Industry: Who can opt for your products/services (professionals, students, housewives, etc.).
- Gender: If your products/services are limited to a specific gender.
3. Right time, right post
Posting content is one thing and doing it at the right time is another. You need to research what time is best for posting to get maximum engagement.
Note: Every social media platform has a different prime time. So, going with the same schedule for each of them might not be fruitful.
To save you from all the hassles of researching, here are the prime times of some of the top social media platforms.
Best time to post on LinkedIn
- Weekdays between 7 am – 8 am, 12 pm – 1 pm, and 5 pm – 6 pm
- Weekends between 12 pm – 9 pm
Best posting frequency for LinkedIn
- Every weekday (Monday to Friday), that is 5 posts per week.
Best time to post on Instagram
- Monday between 6 am – 8 am and 11 am – 1 pm
- Tuesday from 8 am – 10 am and 1 pm – 2 pm
- Wednesday between 9 am – 11 am
- Thursday from 11 am.– 2 pm and 6 pm – 7 pm.
- Friday between 10 am – 12 pm and 2 pm – 4pm
- Saturday from 8 am – 11 am
- Sunday between 6pm – 8 pm.
Best posting frequency for Instagram
- At least one post per day, that is 7 posts per week. Focus more on Reels and carousel posts for better engagement.
Best time to post on Twitter
- Weekdays between 7 am – 9 am, 3 pm – 4 pm, 6 pm – 8 pm
- Refrain from posting on weekends as people are usually busy enjoying themselves during those days.
Best posting frequency for Twitter
- About 2 to 3 posts per day, including retweets
4. Update accurate and complete information
One common mistake that businesses always do is miss on putting some or the other information. Either it’s their operating hours, company description, website, address, or something else.
This missing information can lead to certain trust issues among customers. Also, it will leave a negative impact on your brand’s image.
Note: Websites are one of the most missed out points on social media pages of various businesses. If your restaurant is one of them, Orderific can help you with it. Read the blog till the end to know more.
5. Create your brand’s hashtag
Being a brand means being different, being unique, standing out from the crowd. This applies to social media marketing as well.
Hashtags are one of the prime components that can help in increasing your reach on social media. That’s why it is important to use trending and relatable hashtags in your marketing campaign. But wait, there’s a twist!
With all those hashtags, you need to create one for your brand. It’s simple, just write #(your brand name), and done.
If it shows zero posts, your hashtag is ready. In case, if such a hashtag already exists, you can try combining it with your locality, name, or something else.
Once done, start using it in every post on social media and encourage your customers to do the same wherever they are opting for your brand.
6. Go with the trends
It’s important that you need to be aware of ongoing and upcoming trends on social media. It can be either a trending song to create short videos, hashtag, meme templates, or anything else.
You might be aware of the recent brawl between Will Smith and Chris Rock at Oscars. Putting the matter aside, the world got one of the finest meme template:
And then started a series of chain reactions. Within a day, the meme went viral and netizens took the liberty of coming up with some crazy memes. Here are some of the ones we liked (click on the image to see more):
Similarly, you need to be aware of trending content and use it to promote your products and services.
7. Use High Quality visuals
Last but not the least, use HD photos and high resolution videos. Reason being, presentation attracts people.
As we said earlier, social media influences decision making. Hence, if you don’t work on your presentation skills, the above mentioned tips won’t be fruitful.
We are not telling you to hire a professional photographer and get a photoshoot done for your products. You can simply click good quality pictures from your smartphone and edit them with enhancers like PS Express, Snapseed, Photoshop, etc.
This trick will do a good job for your brand. Also, create HD videos, probably in 1080p or 4k. Better the quality, better is the conversion.
According to stats shared by Google,
“Around 68% of people across the globe said that YouTube videos influenced their purchase-making decision.”
So, it’s better that you put our HD videos (long and short) on YouTube as well.
How Orderific can Help You?
Orderific is a unique digital menu which is revolutionizing the F&B industry. With Orderific, you can create a digital menu which is easily customizable and can be shared as a QR code with customers.
The customers can scan the QR code, add the product in the basket, make on-the-spot payment, and the order is placed. The order is directly shared as KOT to the kitchen department thereby reducing your TAT.
In addition to this, it offers you feature like:
- Designing your own QR code
- Upselling with smart suggestions (Thanks to AI)
- Building your website
- Creating and promoting offers
- Develop loyalty programs
- Keep a track of deliveries
- Manage rating and reviews
- Zero transaction fees with integrated payment methods
- Automated inventory tracking
These features are just to name a few. There are various other tasks where Orderific can prove beneficial to you. And the best part is that you get a free trial!
So, wait no more! Start your free trial today.
Social media is a boon to mankind. From just a social tool, it has become a perfect playground for marketing businesses.
It can be said that social media marketing is a great weapon in your arsenal. Use it properly and you may hit your target audience with desired results. The moment you do it wrong it can lead to complete disaster.
Implement the tips we’ve mentioned in this blog and ace up your social marketing game. Do let us know how those worked for you. Till then, happy Orderifying!