Opening a bar is an exciting endeavor that takes plenty of planning and preparation. Before you can open your doors to thirsty patrons, you’ll need to make sure that your space is outfitted with the necessary equipment. This essential bar equipment list will help you get started. So, for your succesful bar here is a little advice, remember that a good bartender at the start will put you one step ahead.
From cocktail shakers and strainers to blenders and juicers, having the right tools is essential for crafting top-notch drinks. You’ll also need items like ice makers, bottle openers, mixing glasses, and more.
In this guide, you’ll find a list of the most important bar equipment for any establishment. We’ll also discuss why each piece is essential and how to pick the best quality products for your bar. Read on to learn the basic bar equipment every aspiring bar needs.
Essential Bar Equipment List (Appliances, Tools, Essentials)
- Refrigerator/Coolers: Invest in a refrigerator or cooler to store all of your beer, wine, and other cold beverages.
- Bar Blenders: These are essential for creating smoothies, daiquiris, margaritas, and more.
- Juicers: Freshly squeezed juices are a must-have for making cocktails.
- Glass Washer: Keep glasses sparkling clean with a glass washer that can handle the daily wear and tear of bar service.
- Bottle Openers: Bottle openers make it easy to quickly pop off bottle caps.
- Ice Maker/Crusher: Create as much ice as you need with an ice maker. For drinks like the mint julep, use a hand-crank style crusher to achieve the perfect texture.
- Bar Spoon/Muddler: Stir your cocktails with a bar spoon or muddle herbs and fruits with a muddler for maximum flavor.
- Strainers: Use strainers to strain drinks and separate the solids from the liquids.
- Cocktail Shakers: Create perfectly blended drinks with a quality cocktail shaker.
- Mixing Glasses: These glasses are great for mixing stirred cocktails without having to use a shaker.
- Straws/Stirrers: Give customers the option to sip or stir their drinks.
- Glass Rimmer: Avoid soggy rims with a glass rimmer that allows you to quickly add a salty, sweet, or sour flavor.
- Ice Scoop/Tongs: Have ice on hand for customers who need it with an ice scoop and tongs.
- Measuring Jigger: Ensure that drinks are made consistently with a jigger for accurate measurements.
- Garnish Tools: Prepare colorful and flavorful garnishes with tools like zesters, channel knives, citrus presses, etc.
- Trays/Napkins: Don’t forget to stock up on trays and napkins to help your servers transport drinks from the bar to customers.
What Equipment Do You Need In a Bar?
Now that you know the types of bar equipment to buy, it’s time to create your shopping list. Make sure to stock up on all of the essentials above before you open your bar or restaurant. Also, keep in mind that you may need additional items depending on the specific type of drinks and cocktails you wish to serve.
Equipping your bar with the right tools and appliances will help you serve delicious drinks to your customers. With this essential bar equipment list, you’ll be ready to kick off your grand opening in no time!
By having an organized and efficient setup for your bar, you can ensure that there’s never a shortage of necessary tools when it comes to preparing cocktails or serving beer. Be sure to invest in quality bar equipment that will last and can handle the daily wear and tear of your bar service.
When it comes to stocking up on bar appliances, tools, and essentials, make sure you have everything you need before opening day! With a comprehensive list like this one, you’ll be well on your way towards creating the perfect bar.
How Much is Equipment for a Bar?
The cost of bar equipment can vary greatly depending on the type and quantity of items you purchase. A basic bar setup could cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to several thousand. You can expect to pay between $100-$200 for individual appliances like blenders or juicers, while starter sets with all the essential tools may range up to $2,000 or more.
When it comes to purchasing bar equipment, keep in mind that quality is key. Investing in high-quality pieces will help ensure that your appliances and tools last for years to come.
When purchasing bar equipment, it’s important to shop around and compare prices before making a final decision. You can also check out online used-equipment retailers for additional savings. Investing in quality items is key—it will save you money in the long run, since they are likely to last longer than cheaper versions.
Important Facts to Open a Bar
It’s important to understand the process and paperwork necessary for opening a bar. Depending on where you live, you may need to get special permits or licenses to operate your business. You’ll also need to consider factors such as location, staffing, legal items like insurance coverage, and more.
Warranty and Servicing
Like any piece of equipment, bar tools and appliances may require servicing or face issues over time. It’s important to purchase items with good warranties and reliable after-sales services. Efficient bar operation is dependent on all your tools being in top working order, so make sure the brands you choose offer excellent customer service and comprehensive warranties.
Sustainability and Efficiency
Sustainability and efficiency should be one of the primary considerations when equipping your bar. Choose appliances and tools that are energy-efficient to help reduce electricity costs. Items made from recyclable materials or designed for repeated use, like metal straws, can also contribute positively to your bar’s eco-footprint.
Inventory management is crucial for the smooth operation of your bar. Keep track of all your bar equipment and stock levels to ensure that you always have enough on hand. An inventory management system can help streamline this process by automatically tracking purchases, sales, and stock levels. This way, you’ll never run out of supplies and necessary tools will always be at the ready when customers come in for a drinks.
Things to Consider Before Buying Restaurant Equipment
When it comes to buying equipment for your bar, there are a few things you should consider before making any purchases. First, think about the type of beer, drinks and cocktail you plan on serving. This will help you determine which pieces of equipment you’ll need to buy.
Next, consider the size of your space and make sure you have room to store the items. You should also take into account the cost of each item before committing to a purchase. Finally, make sure that all of your bar equipment is up to safety standards and compliant with any local laws or regulations.
Take Closer Look Here Before Starting
- Quality: When it comes to bar equipment, quality matters. Investing in higher-end items may cost more upfront but will last much longer than cheaper versions. Look for products with a good warranty and make sure you research reviews before making a purchase.
- Space: When setting up a bar, it’s important to consider the space you have available. You don’t want to overcrowd your bar or end up with items that are too large to fit in the space. Make sure to measure out the area before planning your layout and shopping for equipment.
- Planning Your Kitchen: It’s important to plan out your kitchen before you start buying equipment. This will help you determine exactly what you need and how much of each item to purchase. Consider the food menu items and beverages that you plan on serving and make sure that all of your bar equipment can accommodate them.
- Suppliers: When it comes to buying bar equipment, there are plenty of options. You can shop online or in person at restaurant supply stores. Additionally, you may be able to find used equipment at discounted prices from online retailers or local suppliers.
- Pricing: Before you start shopping, it’s a good idea to set a budget for your bar equipment. This will help keep you on track and make sure that you don’t overspend. So, here is a must point, make research different suppliers and compare prices to find the best deals.
- Financing or Leasing: If you need additional financing for purchasing bar equipment, you may be able to take advantage of leasing or financing options. This can help spread out the cost of your equipment over time. Be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before signing any contracts.
Ultimate Bar Equipment Checklist
Now that you know what types of bar equipment to buy and where to get it, create your ultimate checklist. Be sure to include all the essentials from the list above and any additional items you need for your specific menu or cocktails.
By having an organized and comprehensive list, you’ll be well-prepared for stocking up on bar equipment and preparing for your grand opening. With the help of this essential bar equipment list, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an expert bartender in no time. Remember, have fun, and don’t forget to experiment with different recipes and techniques.
Let’s Check Them
- Freezers and Refrigerators:
- Refrigerators for storing drinks
- Freezers for ice and frozen ingredients
02. Keg Equipment:
- Tap systems
- Glycol systems
03. Bar Accessories:
- Bottle opener
- Ice scoops/tongs
- Bar mat
- Mixing glasses
- Measuring jiggers
- Cocktail shakers
- Muddlers and bar spoons
- Glass rimmer
- Garnish tools (zester, citrus press, channel knife)
- Trays and napkins
04. Coffee Brewing Equipment:
- Coffee grinder
- Brewer (drip, espresso, etc.)
- Frothers and latte art supplies
- Coffee creamers and sugars
05. Ovens, Ranges, Grills, and Ventilation:
- Ovens for baking and roasting
- Range tops and grills for cooking
- Ventilation systems to remove smoke, steam, and cooking odors from the space
- Microwaves for reheating and melting
07. Food Prep Surfaces:
- Prep tables
- Cutting boards
- Mixing bowls
- Food trays and platters
08. Food Prep Equipment:
- Choppers and grinders
- Slicers and dicers
- Food processors
09. Safety Equipment:
- Fire extinguishers
- First aid kits
- Safety clothing (hats, gloves, aprons)
- Hand washing sinks
- Dishwashing sinks
11. Sanitizers and Polishers:
- Sanitizers for keeping all surfaces clean
- Polishers for maintaining a professional finish on kitchen tools and equipment
12. Bar Point of Sale System:
- POS Hardware
- Software to manage transactions, customers, and inventory
13. Kitchen Display System (KDS):
- Monitor for displaying order information in the kitchen
- Software to manage orders and keep everything running smoothly
- Glassware (mugs, glasses, tumblers)
- Silverware (forks, knives, spoons)
- Plates and bowls
15. Cleaning Supplies:
- Sponges and cloths
- Dishwasher detergents
- Disinfectants and sanitizers for surfaces and equipment
So, with this complete bar equipment checklist, you’re sure to have everything you need for your grand opening. Now all that’s left to do is stock up on the essentials and get ready to serve up delicious drinks and cocktails!
Tips for Running a Successful Bar
Running a successful bar requires more than just having the right equipment. Here are some tips that can help you make sure your business thrives with Essential Bar Equipment List:
- Establish relationships with suppliers to ensure that you’ll always have the necessary ingredients, tools, and appliances on hand.
- Invest in quality bar equipment that will last, as it will save you money in the long run.
- Develop a comprehensive menu featuring classic cocktails as well as creative drinks for customers to choose from.
- Train staff to ensure that they know how to use all the necessary bar tools and equipment.
- Provide drink specials or discounts to help boost sales.
- Host special events like trivia nights or live music nights to bring in more customers.
- Keep track of your inventory and stock levels with an automated system. This will help you stay on top of your supplies and keep track of what needs to be reordered.
- Make sure that all your bar equipment is up to safety standards and compliant with local regulations.
By following these tips, you can set yourself up for a successful bar business. With the right tool and equipment, plus proper planning and management, you’ll be well on your way toward becoming the go-to place for drinks!
Creating the perfect bar requires investing in the right tools and equipment. With this essential bar equipment list, you’ll be sure to have everything you need for a successful grand opening.
Whether you’re just starting or looking for ways to upgrade your existing bar, make sure to stock up on all of the essentials from our checklist before you open for business. Be sure to shop around for the best prices on quality items, and don’t forget that leasing or financing options may be available.
Your bar is an important part of your restaurant experience, so make sure you equip it with everything necessary to serve up delicious drinks. With our ultimate bar equipment checklist, you can rest assured that everything will be ready to go on opening day!
And here are the interesting and informative topics that you can discover with Orderific. Whether it’s a bar, hotel, or restaurant, don’t be late to take your business in the hospitality business to the next level with Orderific. Try Orderific now!
What’s included in bar equipment?
Bar equipment includes all the tools, appliances, and accessories necessary for running a bar.
What are essential bar tools?
Essential bar tools include bottle openers, ice scoops/tongs, mixing glasses, measuring jiggers, strainers, cocktail shakers, bar spoons, and much more like these.
What is the cost of bar equipment?
The cost of bar equipment can vary greatly depending on the type and quantity of items you purchase between $100-$200.
What does a basic bar setup cost?
A basic bar setup could cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Starter sets with all the essential tools may range up to $2,000 or more.
Do they come with warranties?
Yes, most bar equipment comes with warranties. It’s important to purchase items with good warranties and reliable after-sales services.
Can I customize the setup?
Yes, you can customize the bar setup to fit your individual needs and budget.
What bar essentials do I need?
The essentials needed for a bar setup will depend on the types of drinks and cocktail you plan to serve.